Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Trim to Roof Issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
So say I have a wall extruding up through my roof and i decide to use the 'Trim to Roof' so the wall will cut itself to match the roof height.

Then if I move my roof up, the wall will stay at the height it was when I cut it using 'Trim to Roof' and I can't seem to get it to move up to the new height of the roof without having to redraw the wall.

This actually is a serious issue because it means I have to redraw a ton of complex walls that I'm hoping I dont have to deal with.

Any way to move my wall height up to the new roof location without rebuilding the walls?
6 REPLIES 6
Erich
Booster
This is the way that the trim to roof function works. If you need the trim to be dynamic use the Solid Element Operations (SEO) functions instead.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erich wrote:
This is the way that the trim to roof function works. If you need the trim to be dynamic use the Solid Element Operations (SEO) functions instead.
Well thats unfortunate.. I can't seem to understand why you would use the Trim to Roof command over SEO if its not flexible.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Trim to roof is useful if you know you are not going to change anything, otherwise use SEO.

You don't have to redraw your trimmed walls. just select them, go to wall settings and click on the "Undo roof trim" button in the Model section of settings.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Trim to roof is also good when trimming between stories and using hotlinked modules. In fact it's about the only way to go, at present.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
Trim to roof is useful if you know you are not going to change anything, otherwise use SEO.

You don't have to redraw your trimmed walls. just select them, go to wall settings and click on the "Undo roof trim" button in the Model section of settings.
Oh okay didn't know this, that makes sense now.

Now that were on topic, how can you undo a SEO?
Anonymous
Not applicable
allegronea wrote:
s2art wrote:

Oh okay didn't know this, that makes sense now.

Now that were on topic, how can you undo a SEO?
Nevermind, I see it. Thanks guys!