Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Trim to Roof in 2D

Anonymous
Not applicable
Upgraded to 8.1r2v2 in August from 8.0 and have 3 things that just don't work right as they did in 8. Will submit as 3 separate questions.
--------------
Trimming a wall in the 2D window, I select the wall, select Trim to Roof either from the Edit or contextual menu, the nice little dialog box comes up, boxes are selected as 'trim top', 'walls, columns & beams', and 'set top to highest point'. Select OK and nothing happens - no trimming. Select the same wall in the 3D window, do the same and it trims nicely.

Any ideas? Does Trim to Roof behave different in 8.1? Maybe doesn't work from the 2D window anymore?
Thanks all...
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
You seem to have three problems that are quite uncommon.

I have not experienced (or heard, seen, or read of) any of the issues you have described here or in your other posts.

Since they are all occurring in the plan view, I am guessing it might be a display driver problem. Also, in Options>Preferences>2D Redraw Options be sure that OpenGL is turned OFF. It doesn't seem to do much to improve performance and it has been known to cause all sorts of problems.

BTW: These items do not rate starting three new topics. They should have been listed together in a single post to make it easier for others to read and respond.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Received a call from a friend who saw my post. Said to check and make sure Snap Grid was turned off. Sure enough, it was turned on. Turning it off, trims to roof in 2D fine, 'On' it won't. Somehow it got turned on after the upgrade.

I disagree about lumping multiple problems into one post. As a user who has read every post on this forum, and do frequent searches, a clearly understandable subject line and only one clearly defined problem per post makes the task of finding a match much easier when doing like-problem searches.
Djordje
Ace
Radiodial wrote:
Any ideas? Does Trim to Roof behave different in 8.1? Maybe doesn't work from the 2D window anymore?
Thanks all...
It works normally; however, you should always trim to roof in 3D window, as you have immediate visual feedback. You can also temprarily drag the top of the wall to appropriate height so it goes through the roof for proper trimming.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen