Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Trimming Complex Profile Walls with Solid Element Operations

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you use the 'Solid Element Operations' present in AC17 to trim a composite wall? Specifically a 'generic slab' being used to trim a 'composite wall'.

I am trying to avoid creating another composite, which would be similar to previous, that is a different specified height.
7 REPLIES 7
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Yes you can but why can't you just change the height of the composite wall?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
Yes you can but why can't you just change the height of the composite wall?

Cheers,
Link.
Attached I have included a photo of the 'Wall Selection Settings' for the composite in question.

Maybe I am setting the parameters for the composite the wrong way? From what I am seeing we are not able to adjust the height of composite walls individually. If you find this to be incorrect, I am open to suggestions.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Nothing attached. Perhaps check the attachment size.

Are you sure you're talking a bout a composite, not a complex profile?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
Nothing attached. Perhaps check the attachment size.

Are you sure you're talking a bout a composite, not a complex profile?

Cheers,
Link.
My apologies, you are correct Link. This is a complex-profile and not a composite.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Complex Profiles have a vertical stretch range that defines where the profile stretches. Outside the lines won't stretch, inside the lines will.

Does that work for you?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
Complex Profiles have a vertical stretch range that defines where the profile stretches. Outside the lines won't stretch, inside the lines will.

Does that work for you?

Cheers,
Link.
Thanks for the clarification, Link. This was a great piece of advice.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Sure thing. It's well worth your time getting acquainted with all the options in the Profile Manager palette if you intend to use them frequently.

ArchiCAD 17 has come a long way in providing help, so keep in mind that you can right click on just about anything, select 'What's This?' and be taken to the relevant section of the ArchiCAD Help Center to explain what you clicked on.

Cheers,
Link.