Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Unable to save file

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello.....I have been working on a solo project in AC14 over the past couple of months and I recently encountered a problem when saving. When trying to save the file, the 'save as' window opens up (which seems unusual to begin with). So I chose to replace the existing file with the same name and I receive the message "this name is in use by a locked document. Select another folder or use a different name". I then deleted the locked document and I received the same message. I was thinking of saving the file to my desktop and then replacing the file but I don't know if this will compromise the many hotlinked modules that are linked to this main file. Has anyone run into this problem and if so, is there a solution? Thanks for any assistance anyone may be able to provide.
1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could it be that your folder has become write-protected somehow and this is why you cannot save into it? This is why the save command doesn't work. All the rest is then just the consequence of that.

By the way, just because you save the PLN into another folder, the hotlinks will still refer to the correct locations. That could become a problem only if the source files of the hotlinks are moved.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27