Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Unlink Section in 9.0

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can't seem to find how to unlink sections in 9.0.....

Thanks

Don Lee
6 REPLIES 6
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
This functionality has changed. Now it is a function of the actual section/elevation tool. Select it and go to it's settings (Ctrl/Cmd+T). As per the attached image you will see three options:

Autorebuild Model - which will automatically rebuild the model every time the window is opened;

Manual-rebuild Model - which won't rebuild unless you go to Display>Sections/Elevations>Rebuild from Model;

Drawing - which is the same as unlinking. GS decided we would like hotspots placed all over our drawing, so think of this as a feature, like they do!

I much prefer this method, even though I am largely an unlinker. It is very simple to relink your drawings - simply change it back to one of the rebuild methods and whooshka, it's live again!

Cheers,
Link.
__archiben
Booster
Link wrote:
Autorebuild Model - which will automatically rebuild the model every time the window is opened;

Manual-rebuild Model - which won't rebuild unless you go to Display>Sections/Elevations>Rebuild from Model;

Drawing - which is the same as unlinking. GS decided we would like hotspots placed all over our drawing, so think of this as a feature, like they do!
i can't actually see the benefit of having "drawing" as an option any longer (maybe simply to pick up the historical files?). unlinking for me was very much a time thing: stopping the sect/elevs rebuilding every time it was activated.

you can stick to manual-rebuild, still draw over the top/to one side/above/etc, but have a completely live model throughout . . .

(good to see you back link. that was a long trip, eh?)
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Link wrote:
I much prefer this method, even though I am largely an unlinker.
Link is an UN-linker?
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
~/archiben wrote:
Link wrote:

i can't actually see the benefit of having "drawing" as an option any longer (maybe simply to pick up the historical files?). unlinking for me was very much a time thing: stopping the sect/elevs rebuilding every time it was activated.

you can stick to manual-rebuild, still draw over the top/to one side/above/etc, but have a completely live model throughout . . .

~/archiben
I agree.
Keeping all S/Es live for the duration of the Project very much aligns with the Virtual Building philosophy.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
~/archiben wrote:
Link wrote:

~/archiben
I agree.
Keeping all S/Es live for the duration of the Project very much aligns with the Virtual Building philosophy.
Remember that some section or detail windows may contain imported drawings, or views pasted from the 3D window, which have no direct relation to the model. In this case the drawing type view is appropriate.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Ben (AKA 'Number 1') said:
Gidday mate! Yes very long, but made worthwhile by meeting people like you & Ben O'Donnell & Susan and catching up with James, Matthew & DNC at ACUE. Visiting Graphisoft HQ in Budapest and meeting the great people there was also a highlight! I guess you'll be swapping that hammock in Thailand for the streets of Christchurch soon? I look forward to catching up via email or PM.

Anyway, that's a good point - it does seem a little redundant to have 3 options.

Matthew said:
Remember that some section or detail windows may contain imported drawings, or views pasted from the 3D window, which have no direct relation to the model. In this case the drawing type view is appropriate.
Hi again Matthew! Unless I'm mistaken, detail windows don't have these same options do they? And couldn't we essentially still use Manual-rebuild for these cases that don't have any relation to the model? It would be nice to trim it down some more - as always!

Stephen Dolbee said:
Link is an UN-linker?
That's right mate! Although sometimes it is simply unavoidable!

Cheers,
Link.