Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Vectorial Hatch Cover Fill on Slab, Archicad 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Kudos to Archicad for finally attaching a fill to slabs.

However it seems to only show the bitmap pattern, not the vectorial hatch.
(I'm not happy) Is there a way to get the vectorial hatch to show up on the slab's cover fill?

(the issue is a fieldstone floor that I want to see both in plan and 3d, and no, i don't want to have 2d fill over my 3d slab. especially since my slab can and should be able to show the fill of my choosing.

-Nathan Brauer
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
Nathan wrote:
Kudos to Archicad for finally attaching a fill to slabs.

(I'm not happy) Is there a way to get the vectorial hatch to show up on the slab's cover fill?auer
Two things should lead to happiness here.

First, open the Display Options ... there are THREE settings now for fills ... do you have Vectorial selected for all of them?

Second, realize that the cover fill can be independent of the fill associated with the material assigned to the surface (which will display in sections/elevations as well as 3D hidden line with 'vectorial 3D hatching' turned 'on'). So, if you want to see the same fill in plan as in 3D, you have to make sure that you use the same fills...or, better, check the box that says "Use Fill of surface Material" in the settings dialog.

Happier?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Gleeful.

Thanks.

-Nathan
Djordje
Ace
Nathan wrote:
(I'm not happy) Is there a way to get the vectorial hatch to show up on the slab's cover fill?
There are three fill types now - Cover, Drafting and Section. The fills on slabs (roofs, meshes) in the plan are Cover fills.

Set your Display options in the relevant View as needed.

HTH,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Eduardo Rolon
Just a quick bug about fills. I had some solid greyscale (pen 95 for fill and 91 for background) fills drawn in AC08 with vectorial settings selected. Since AC09 has different fill settings I decided to change them from were they were to drafting and vectorial and AC09 flipped the pen numbers so instead of having a grey fill I ended with a white one.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator