Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

WALLS dissappear on elevation and 3d view

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am a long time user of Archicad. Yesterday i created window and door schedules, exterior steps, patios, fences, the garage etc. Today when I open the file and try to view the elevations, the exterior walls will not show, nor will they show in a 3d view; but if i pick each wall individually, I can see it and it shows on the floor plan....

HELP!! I NEED TO MOVE ON THIS FILE.
5 REPLIES 5
Ted Taylor
Contributor
Shot in the dark, but check to see if you may have duplicated walls inadverdantly. Duplicated items sometimes (all the time?) do not show in 3d and sections.
Ted Taylor
Atlanta, GA , USA
iMac (Retina 5K, 27", Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5 32GB
AMD Radeon R9 M395 2GB
OS10.14.2,
Latest Archicad 22
Anonymous
Not applicable
Checked duplicates beforee I wrote in.
Djordje
Ace
Archimamamia wrote:
I am a long time user of Archicad. Yesterday i created window and door schedules, exterior steps, patios, fences, the garage etc. Today when I open the file and try to view the elevations, the exterior walls will not show, nor will they show in a 3d view; but if i pick each wall individually, I can see it and it shows on the floor plan....
Marquee floating somewhere?

Layer combos?

Display options?

Elevation depth?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Archimamamia wrote:
Checked duplicates beforee I wrote in.

Check Duplicates only check complete duplicates Pen color, Height, Layer, thickness, materials, etc. You may have two walls "slightly different" but perfectly superimposed..
If you are more than one floor the duplicates can be in different stories…

You can check that by partial 3D view, by story, etc. and to see whether the problem is always present…

HTH
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you all for suggestions. I figured the answer to the walls disappearing. Libraries!!

There are two new ArchiCAD 9 libraries out there in addition to the 2045 hot fix. There is a new ArchiCAD 9 library from Graphisoft and a new SPECIAL ArchiCAD 9 library for US users.

If the correct library is not loaded with your project, the walls disappear. I can create this problem...then solve it with how I load the libraries.