Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall Closure in 3D for Door and Window

alexliz23
Enthusiast

Can Archicad show the wall closure around a door/window correctly in a composite structure wall?

My wall composite is outside stone, then air gap and insulation, then inside brick and then plaster finish. I want the outside stone 'skin' to turn around at the door opening, and for the 3D model to reflect that. So far I have only managed to solve this in plan view. I believe I have tried all the options available at Door Settings > Wall Closure, and I have checked the 'Show in 3D' box (where this is offered) but nothing seems to change in 3D view.

Just want to understand if I am misunderstand the functionality here or if there are still limitations or bugs in AC. I have read as many threads here as I could reasonable find and it seems that, until recently at least, Archicad was limited in what it could correctly model and show in 3D, so I am not exactly sure what is going on presently.

In the attached photo, the white finish around the wall closure in 'Overhead Garage Door 27' should be the stone surface from the wall exterior. I have also attached the Composite structure's settings, for reference.

Thanks for any input.

Plan looks good.jpg

Wall closure surface looks wrong in 3D.png

Composite wall structure.png

Archicad 27 macOS Sonoma
0 REPLIES 0