cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall clean up

Anonymous
Not applicable
Help. Just purchased Archicad SE 2014 after 12 years away from the program. I am struggling to get internal intersecting walls to clean up?!? Can somebody help me.

thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you could show us with a screenshot what the problem is. Generally same material/width walls intersect just fine. It's when a composite corner wall meets another wall that I have problems with.

Well, for one, select 2 or more walls that you want to make sure connect with each other and press Edit-Reshape-Intersect (or just find the button on the toolbar - it will be grey until you have selected more that one walls)

I assume you re talking about problems such as these right? If it's like the one in my screenshot, it's got to do with priorities, and i am kinda clueless on how those operate too.
wallinters.PNG
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Do the Reference Lines of those Walls actually join? That is a prerequisite to proper wall clean-up.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
And the layers for the internal walls need to have the same layer intersection priority number as the external walls.

http://bit.do/UeQQ

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I'm a new user evaluating Archicad. I have some Revit experience to some degree. I see Archicad superior for these wall joints by using priorities, but this is the first problem I encountered. I was about to make a new post, then I saw this thread.

I have a similar problem as Konnos posted. Here are some screenies of a several trials with the intersect tool for the same corner.

And this is the other mode:

The outer wall is a simple composite : plaster+masonry block+heat insulation+plaster

Interior wall is even simpler: plaster+masonry block+plaster

Cant make a good cleanup here.
Barry Kelly
Check the strengths of your Building Materials.
I would make the masonry block the strongest as you seem to want this to always be continuous.
Then the heat insulation a bit weaker and the plaster even weaker still.

You could differentiate between the internal and external plaster if you want but this shouldn't matter as they are separated by the stronger masonry block.
In this case make the external plaster weaker than the masonry block, the heat insulation weaker and the internal plaster the weakest.
This means of course you need two separate materials for the internal and external plaster.

The second mode is the one you want - Legacy mode turned off.
Otherwise you will not see the effects of the priority strengths in the 3D window.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello again,
Thank you Barry. The forum banned me after posting, so I could not read it earlier.

I have to mention that my priorities were ok in this situation .After meddling with these walls, I figured (as previously mentioned here), the key is wall reference lines. All walls' reference lines must intersect. I had to change some parts to inner core face in order to meet interior wall. After then, it all cleaned up.
Anonymous
Not applicable
here is my issue. Internal partition walls not joining as they should
Anonymous
Not applicable
HERE is my issue. Sorry the picture didn't attach
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Go this sorted offline and it was some zero width skins in the composite that once removed healed up nicely.

Cheers,
Link.