Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall cut doesn't appear in plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,
I'm new to archicad. I have a problem and I can't find an answer for that.
The problem is, that I made a wall, then made a hole in it, using morph and execute tool. The hole appears in all views (3d, elevations, sections) but in a plan the wall stays solid, without any openings. Any solutions to show it in a plan? Or maybe there is another way to make complex cuts in a wall?

P.S. I'm using Education version of ArchiCAD 17 on MAC OS, if it makes any difference...

Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 6.25.22 PM.jpg
2 REPLIES 2
NandoMogollon
Expert
Hi

I understand you have a Wall and have created an opening by using Connect /Solid Element Operations.

Here is the glitch: solid Element Operations applied on walls will not be reflected on Plan views... so you're not doing anything wrong.

My alternative for your specific intention: split the wall in two and use the Wall End tool and choose the chamfer one.

see pic.

Alternatively, you can use the Shell tool instead of the Wall Tool, with it you can create custom holes in the shell that will show correctly in floor plans.
wall opening.JPG
Nando Mogollon
Director @ BuilDigital
nando@buildigital.com.au
Using, Archicad Latest AU and INT. Revit Latest (have to keep comparing notes)
More and more... IFC.js, IFCOpenShell
All things Solibri and BIMCollab
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so much. It took a while for me to use wall end, as something is wrong with it in My Archicad. I always getting error when use it: Pen number is less than 1 or greater than 255
at line 49 in the 2D script of file Wall End Chamfer 17.gsm.

But somehow it works now.

And does it mean I won't be able to use any complex openings in archicad? or they just won't be shown in a plan... because if I use shell, I can't place windows in it ;\