cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall end to a Complex profile wall - V17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anybody help me figure out as to why I can't place a wall end on a complex profiled wall. I have no trouble placing one on an standard composite wall but my walls are complex profiles.
8 REPLIES 8
Barry Kelly
They will place on some complex profile walls and not others - it seems to depend on how 'complex' the profile is.

As a cheat you can try swapping the complex profile wall for a standard composite wall.
Apply the wall end and then swap the wall back to the complex profile.
Sometimes the wall end will remain even though it couldn't be added in the first place.

However the wall end objects are not designed for complex profile walls so they may not be correct anyway.
i.e. it may not get the correct skin materials, heights may be wrong, may not match the profile of the wall.

Barry.
complex_wall_end.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
genarch
Enthusiast
And here we are, years later, and still cannot use a wall end on a profiled wall.
MacOS Sonoma

AC27&26, Artlantis 2020, TwinMotion

Mac Studio M2 Max 2024
alemanda
Advocate
... cannot you use a complex profile column?
AC27 latest hotfix

Win 10 Pro 64bit

Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)

32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620

Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440

www.almadw.it
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Or you could model the Wall End using the Morph Tool.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Nikitas
Participant
genarch you're right!

This is an important and basic feature and should be nicely integrated into the wall tool!

Nikitas
Barry Kelly
Nikitas wrote:
genarch you're right!

This is an important and basic feature and should be nicely integrated into the wall tool!

Nikitas
A complex profile wall can be absolutely any shape and any combination of numerous materials.
So I am not sure how we could expect a wall end object to interact with all but the simplest of complex profile walls.
I am surprised they do at all.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Nikitas
Participant
Barry you're right,

complex profile walls can contain a large number of builidng materials and shapes and the wall end wouldn't work properly here.
Still, by shifting from the conceptual phase to the construction phase we will be using or exchanging mainly to composite walls and complex profiles of course.
Having to insert wall endings to all free standing walls is just a time consuming process for something that is certainly standard work. At least that's what I'm encounting.

By having the wall end tool incorporated into the wall options would allow for an automated solution when it comes to complete construction drawings.

That's my oppinion, tell me if I'm wrong.
Thanks and good night,

Nikitas
Barry Kelly
Having wall end options directly in the wall tool itself would be nice, but then you are adding this option to every wall in the project rather than just adding an object to the few walls you may want to control the ends for.
I assume it could be an option that could be turned off, but I am not sure how it would affect the processing speed of Archicad.

Still it would probably only work with simple and composite walls.
I still don't think it would work well with complex profile walls.
Especially now in 22 we have modifiers for complex profiles that will allow individual profiled walls to be adjusted - so even more problems for the wall end to overcome.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27