Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall "problem"?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having a problem that has me confused.. A few walls on this house refuse to clean up in 3d even though they are all identical in everyway. It has to be something attached to the wall above or below affecting it because once the wall is copied away from the house the window is fine. Applies to doors windows from AC or 3rd party vendors.. Some walls are fine.. but identical.

4 REPLIES 4
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Do you have another wall in the exact position on an invisible layer? You may have to monkey around with the Intersection Group Number settings under the Layer Settings dialog box.
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Scott,

There is a basement wall below of a different composite on the same "Walls exterior layer" - shouldn't be problem right?

There is an imported dwq 2d plan being traced but that is on a unique layer.

What's baffling is there are other walls in this identical condition that have no problems..
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Rashid wrote:
There is a basement wall below of a different composite on the same "Walls exterior layer" - shouldn't be problem right?
Unless your basement wall (for this unique condition) is so tall as to encroach into the story above, overlapping the wall above.
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Scott,

That solved it.. there never was a problem wall.. The lower wall simply overlapped the upper one.. Better check all walls!..

Thanks Scott Me happy now..