Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Walls showing up on wrong floors

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.
In one of our projects we have some walls that show up on our basement level when we have it on our first floor level.

The walls that show up on the basement that we don't want are:

Home Story Only- Home story is first floor.
The wall bottom is at 10' which is what the first floor is set at.
They are set to show cut only.
the basement is 10 feet deep and the cutplane is set to 3 feet.

and they are still showing up on the basement level.

Something that is weird- the bad walls when i look in the info box with the wall selected it says that the bottom is at 10', rather than showing that it is 0" from the floor it is on.
The 10' is 10' from project zero.

when i make a new wall I can set it to be a zero height from the first floor, and it works and does not show up on the basement story.

so I dont understand what is going on.

If i suck up the properties of the bad wall and draw another one it shows up on the basement level. that censored word mean to obtain the properties of the bad walls by using the syringe tool.

i added an attachment.
I copied these walls from the project and into an empty file so the numbers may not be the same, but the problem is still there.

Any help would be great, thanks.
12 REPLIES 12
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I would probably cut it since it is a wrong element, but one must be careful because if it has already been Dimensioned then those dimensions will have to be recreated.
But it seems sometimes this has no effect as this example shows.

Of course these are just guesses because sometimes they solved the problem so I am only guessing why they work. My main guess is that in these instance (cut/copy-paste, forward Merge) ArchiCAD checks the data structure of the element and correct it if it can.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Karl Ottenstein
GS has determined that there was corrupt data (not user accessible) in the walls that Jess posted, but does not believe this is an issue that should affect most of us. They are in touch with her behind the scenes to see how the corruption might have been introduced.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
GS has determined that there was corrupt data (not user accessible) in the walls that Jess posted, but does not believe this is an issue that should affect most of us. They are in touch with her behind the scenes to see how the corruption might have been introduced.

Cheers,
Karl
Now here is a wish for you all. A clean tool to fix data corruption without destroying sheets/ views. Having used various CAD systems in the past and even Sketchup have this functionality.