cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

What screen resolution do you use?

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Back in 2007 Link started a survey asking about the resolution people use for ArchiCAD:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=16436

Almost 7 years have passed and I thought it may be interesting and enlightening to repeat this poll now that available monitor sizes and resolutions have increased dramatically over the last several years.

I have tried to include all kind of resolution variants so please pick the one you have or the one closest. I have not included resolutions with less than 768 vertical pixels as this is the minimum requirement for ArchiCAD. The options at listed in increase of vertical resolution.

If you have several displays, please select the highest resolution you are using.

Of course any other comments are also welcome.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Glen

How is feedback and execution in the 2D window?

I am running a new 12 core Mac Pro with dual D700 cards and a Dell 32" 4K monitor.
I get horrible feedback and execution in the 2D window. The 3D window is beautiful and fast.
If I size down my 2D window to 9"x9" I get decent feedback and execution.

Frustrated.
Anonymous
Not applicable
glenn_peters wrote:
PB287Q 28-inch 4k UHD monitor to my Mac Pro.
I'm about to replace my old ViewSonic 1600x1200 display, and I'm in doubt if I should take a QHD IPS (2560x1440) or a UHD TN (3840x2160). The most important doubt is about visibility, because "normal" display aren't great if they work in scaled mode, and QHD has slightly higher dpi than my 20"... now it shouldn't be a great problem, but my eyes don't become young. On the other side, retina scaling seems to be great, making lower resolutions usable, so I guess I can use 2560x1440 or 1920x1080 according to the cases. But I need to be sure that an eventual UHD display allows retina scaling with my MacPro 5,1 with nvidia GTX 680 graphic card.