cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

When is a save not a save?

DGSketcher
Legend
I just shouted very loudly at the screen using a four letter expletive, sorry if you heard it.

Apparently despite hitting save several times, if you then modify a drawing and don't like what you see, don't rely on opening the LAST save from the recent files menu. AC20 assumes you want to go back to when you FIRST opened the file and scraps all subsequent changes including the last save.

Two hours of tedious amendments lost...
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
13 REPLIES 13
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Erwin wrote:
Right, but in windows you just launch a brand new session of archicad so to speak, where as you need to access the open dialogue from your active session on Mac? I don't often work on our Macs in the office, but I would like the option to just start a new archicad without going through the menu of opening, new etc
In the Work Environment > User Preference Schemes > More Options > check Launch new instance of ArchiCAD when.... This will launch a new instance when opening a file from the Finder (double-click or Command+O).

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Wow, thanks for that David! I did not know, obviously.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Just in case it comes across that way, I was not being sarcastic.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Erwin:

No worries, I did not take your comment that way.

Cheers,

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14