Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Why some of my saved favorites are "grayed"?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I saved some favorites from my floor plan of a hotlinked module, but when I wanted to use them, they appera grayed in the favorite list, any guess what is wrong?
Thanks!
12 REPLIES 12
JaredBanks
Mentor
Anyone find anything more about this? I've come across this issue as well with the D1 entrance doors in version 11.

But I've also found a solution (bizarre as it is). If you get a grayed out favorite, open the favorites palette, then double click on the grayed out favorite. It will stop being gray. This doesn't work if you access the favorites from the tool settings.

Strange.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Rick Thompson
Expert
Look at his screen shot. Autocad is running right beside AC. AC's freaked out and turning grey. An identity crisis for sure.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think this happens when the Library Part that is referenced by the Favorite cannot be found in the loaded libraries.
I don't know whether Favorites identify library parts by name or by GUID but I would suppose it is GUID.
I suppose when you double click the Favorite it applies the Favorite settings to become default settings of the Tool. At that point it will realize that there is such a Library part in the library, although with a different GUID. So the Favorite turns enabled. I think at this point you should resave that Favorite, overwriting the previously greyed one.
Please note that this is a theory on my part, I don't know if this is really the case, I have not digged into it that much.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27