Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Window, Mullions, Curved Wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need to make a full arch window that is 12" wide by 48" tall. It's built into a wall with a 3'-0" radius. The building itself is a full circle with the 3'-0" radius. I need the window's mullions to be at 45deg and 135deg, and the window has 2" trim all the way around it. Anyway to accomplish all this?

I made a custom window with the grids, but a custom window doesn't provide the trim needed. The trim itself has to curve in elevation and plan - impossible in archicad?

Thanks in advance for any tips.
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I know it's hard to tell from the photo, but the 3D view shows all the exterior trim to be curved, not straight i.e. it's wrapping around the curved wall. In plan view, if everything was straight, the right and left side would show up straight, but they follow the curve of the wall as if a line had been drawn from the center of the circle wall to a point perpendicular to the wall. The inner contents of the window do stay straight. Here again, in reality, that's the way most windows work - a series of straight windows around a curved wall.

BTW, I asked for help on an issue, not criticism. If you're NOT going to give me help on this topic, please be courteous and stop responding to my posts.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Once again, the only solution that I know of is GDL scripting using "BPRISM_"