Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Window and door id in elevations?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

Is is possible to automatically show the door and window ID number in sections and elevations in ArchiCAD 8.1?

Also is it possible to alter the ID numbers so they start at 01 not 00.

And thirdly while I am on a roll ..... is it possible to have the ID numbers increase in a direction around the building rather than the order in which they were placed (Automatically rather than manually).

Thank you for your time .... as you can see I am trying to speed up working drawings.
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ray ..... from my limited experience .....

on the floor plans I use "dimension marker", "WD maker" and turn off all option until I end up with W18 ect. This will move with the windows on the plan.

In the elevations I use the "listing and labeling option" ... easiest to click on the label icon whilst still on the floor plan .... a spring out from the text icon .... and set the door and window labels as follows ....

"object label"
"label type 2"
"content type" "object id"

This will put the window/door id into a rounded rectangle which I find looks as good as the full circle. You can also make your own custom label .... that is beyond me at this stage however.

Michael
Anonymous
Not applicable
Michael wrote:
on the floor plans I use "dimension marker", "WD maker" ....

In the elevations I use the "listing and labeling option" ....
Michael
Thanks Michael,

This all seems to work. But it does seem a bit of double work doesn't it. I wish it was possible to format and set up your door and window numbering for both plans and elevations at the same time from the one dialogue. i.e. allow dimension marker to show on elevations in some way with a checkbox for show on sections / elevations. But it would probably need seperate location parameters. I'm sure others have complained about this before
Aussie John
Newcomer
Unfortunately it is not possible to globaly apply a labels to 3d views . Labels need to be applied in each elevation/section.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]