cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Window in split wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to make a wall 2400 high that is composed of two walls 1200 high, one sitting on top of the other. The point is that I can make the bottom half bricks and the top half render.
Problem I have is when I try to insert a window, it will only show on the bottom wall and therefore is cut off 1200 high by the wall on top.
Thanks in advance.
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
When I change the setting to 'wall Side' the cut profile takes on the rendering attributes. When I change it to 'Wall Edge' it changes to bricks. Can't get it to show both materials although I have specified the fill on both the complex profile and in the materials settings.
I have left the recess as the brick material and have inserted a thin column with the rendering colour to 'mask' the bricks where I need to.
This has still worked out well and really didn't take that long, I'm happy with the result and in the future I'll stay away from multiple colours if I can.
Thanks for all the help.