Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wishlist item

Anonymous
Not applicable
I used to use ArchiCAD a lot, then changed jobs using Revit. Now I'm back to Archicad and there's something that I miss from Revit I think should be incorporated into future revisions of Archicad.

It's to do with editing a walls shape in elevation, i.e. for overhangs etc. In Archicad it seems the best way to control this is using SEO layers and subtracting elements. This is way too much work. In Revit a walls shape is editable as it's own entity.

In plan a walls shape is editable with any number of options, why not in elevation? It should be possible to grab an edge and be able to insert a point or two or more and stretch, curve the wall's shape, cut chunks out of it etc.

This would be great, cheers

Andyyy
1 REPLY 1
Karl Ottenstein
Please post again in the Construction Wishes forum, where a voting poll will be automatically created. Use a subject that conveys the wish, e.g., "Editing wall shape in elevation"

I'm pretty sure that there are (old) wishes for this, but can't find them after a quick search.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB