cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Work folder

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone
when Archicad opens up, the program automatically gives you access to the last file (folder) you worked in.Is there a way (like in Excel or Word) to choose a "work" folder so Archicad always opens up in that folder ?
Thanks in advance for your answers.
Happy new year from France !!!
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I immediately 'save as' to the place I want. Even if I had a work folder this would be divided in a large number of subfolders according to projects etc so it would not work for me.
C.
Jere
Expert
If you're in windows, I believe you can right-click any program shortcut, click properties, click on the 'short cut' tab, and place the location of the folder you'd like in the 'start in' form.

I think this works for all windows programs.
ArchiCAD 26; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 64GB RAM, GeForce GTX 3060
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you.
I have followed your advice but everytime I click on the "open file" I'm automatically in the last folder I worked in.
I guess the program has been concieved to work that way.