Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ZONE ISSUE - V.16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't get the inner edge method of zone placement to work. It keeps telling me there is no closed polyline around the point. If I just go draw a room out in space using the rectangular geometry method I can place a zone using the inner edge method so it doesn't seem like its the zone tool.

All the walls in my plan appear to be resolved into each other properly, they all have the same top and bottoms, no apparent gaps between walls... any advice? I really do not want to have to do every zone in this building with the manual method.
10 REPLIES 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Can you show a screenshot on which the Reference Lines of Wall are visible?

Also, it is possible that you have Walls on top of each other (like occupying the same space)?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Attached is a screen shot with wall reference lines. I do not think I have walls over walls. Possibly in one corner I have a wall over a wall where there is a mezanine situation, but this problem is in every part of the model.

Thanks.
David Maudlin
Rockstar
E Mickey P:

One thing to check: under Wall Settings > Listing and Labeling > Relation to Zones:.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Good call. I've checked and the walls are all marked as "zone boundary" in this setting. After paying closer attention to the error message (attached) I think it has something to do with renovation filters. But I've looked there and don't see a setting that would solve the issue.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Check this page in the Help file. It may contain the answer to your situation:

http://help.graphisoft.com/ac16_help_INT/Files/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=03_Virtual%20B...

After some testing here is what I see:
If you bring up the Renovation Palette you can set the Reno Filter for the Zone element to be created. Then when placing the Zone, the following apply:

If the Zone is set to "Existing" only elements with "Existing" status will be recognized as Zone Bundaries.
If the Zone is set to "To be Demolished" only elements with "Existing" or "To be Demolished" status will be recognized as Zone Bundaries.
If the Zone is set to "New" only elements with "Existing" or "New" status will be recognized as Zone Bundaries.

If the above conditions are not met so elements form a closed Zone boundary, a warning is displayed.
Anonymous
Not applicable
EUREKA!!! that was it. I was trying to put a zone associated with the existing reno filter on walls with the new reno filter.

Thanks a bunch.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You are welcome. Hopefully it will be useful for others as well in the future.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
+1
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Along those same lines... I am having trouble getting DOORS to link to zones where an OLD zone is set to DEMO and a NEW zone (occupying the same area) is set to NEW..

Any Ideas of how these relate? sometimes it want to pull the DEMO zone name... sometimes it shows nothing... rarely does it show the NEW zone name.

This affects the NCS Door Marker that uses Room # in the bubble...

Help?
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop