BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Zone Info Box text input fields interface

The Zone Name and No. boxes and the Object ID boxes behavior is non-standard, at least on Macs:
- you click on the box and you get the blinking I, but when you select all intending to select all the text (to cut it or overwrite it) you find that you are doing a 'Select All' on the project window;
- when you are done with editing the name/number and hit Enter meaning to signal that you've finished editing, nothing happens; the blinking I remains there, and in my case I end up getting funny names and IDs listing all the shortcuts I hit to select other tools (which I obviously didn't select because I am still stuck in the Info Box field, so I hit the shortcuts several times until I realise what's going on) (if I don't realise what's going on, I end up getting these IDs with lots of arrow shortcuts like 34111111111111111);
- you can't cut-copy-paste text in the field box.

Maybe this is not much of a hassle to fix.
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
I have the same experience.

Graphisoft, please implement the Enter key to end input in these boxes.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
TomWaltz
Participant
I just tried it on mine, and the Enter key works like it does in any other menu, as an "OK."
Tom Waltz
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
TomWaltz wrote:
I just tried it on mine, and the Enter key works like it does in any other menu, as an "OK."

Tom:

Try this:

1. Option-click a wall in the Plan window (to load its settings).
2. Click inside the ID box of the wall in the Info Palette.
3. Add text to the ID box.
4. Hit the "Enter" or "Return" key (is the ID box is still highlighted?).
5. Move the cursor to the Plan window, get a checkmark on an existing element, then hit "x" to highlight the x coordinate box and type in the distance you want to move the cursor before starting the wall. The "x" and numbers will be in the ID box, the "x" coordinate box is never highlighted.

This may be result of some particular way Ignacio and I work, or maybe something about our setups, but the specs for your machine and software are very close to mine. If you follow the above instructions and get some other result, then I don't know. I get the same behavior on my desktop machine and laptop.

Thanks for your input.
David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!