BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

adding molding to wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've put in a lot of work on a project, and the wall heights are all set just right (some are 2 story, some not... depends on the situation. Am learning how to work this better, but this is an older project). Guess the point here is, I've missed the opportunity to create an all-inclusive wall complex profile that shows all the moldings, without rebuilding the entire project.

Anyway.

I've created a complex profile for the crown molding only. I've placed it at the correct height juuuust next to the real walls. In the interior elevations, I see the section but NOT the elevation.

In the sections, the distant elevation of the profile DOES show.

I'm confused. I'd really like to see the elevation of the complex profile in the interior elevations please. ???
12 REPLIES 12
Dwight
Newcomer
Try offsetting the profile from the wall the tiniest amount.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
The molding profile isn't attached to any walls. Even the walls where it's 1' removed (around a phantom flue; ie, definitely not affixed to real wall) don't show the elevation.

The fireplace shown in the plan trace is just a fill.
Dwight
Newcomer
I cannot replicate this problem.
Show us your profile.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Image attached...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it a zero-depth section, by any chance? It won't show anything beyond the cutline if it is. Or perhaps the limit line isn't stretched far enough to encompass the profile?
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's an Interior Elevation. View #1 is the one I've been posting.

The green lines are the extent of the elevation. The crown moldings are definitely within range.

Given that the END of the molding is visible next to the chimney bit, I'm totally baffled.
Dwight
Newcomer
It's a stumper, all right.

Move the section line.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope.

I'm going to try this in a totally different file. Will report back shortly.
Picture 13.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know if this will help or not but I had some funky things going on in my interior elevations until I unchecked the thing about blocking walls in the model panel of the IE tool. I didn't have any walls that appeared to be in the way, but it did the trick.
Learn and get certified!