Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

an unnatural display by "priority connection method"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I made two beams with same material (same priority) joint together, the reference line touch each other which is natural, but a very thin part extend which seems not natural.
Please advice how to opt not to use "priority based connection"

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
So it looks like Archicad does do it correctly since the connecting Beam's top is indeed a bit higher than the other Beam's top. And what happens in such situations is that the connecting Beam is automatically extended to the farther side of the other Beam. I think this behavior is hard-coded into Archicad.

You can select the connecting Beam, and trim it by clicking the closer edge of the other Beam. Then remove the Beam segment above the other Beam.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could you also upload a screenshot that is not wireframe? I would like to see the bodies of the joining Beams.

Also, what is the Intersection Priority of the two Beams? I see this Beam has it set to '10'. What is its value for the Beam this Beam joins into?
Anonymous
Not applicable
LaszloNagy wrote:
Also, what is the Intersection Priority of the two Beams? I see this Beam has it set to '10'. What is its value for the Beam this Beam joins into?
I choose that intersection priority by random and just tried, because the 2 beam has the same wood material, and I don''t quite comprehend intersection priority which has thousands of sequence.... too complicated but I don't know the significance is
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Laszlo,
This is the non-framing view,
Thanks
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
So it looks like Archicad does do it correctly since the connecting Beam's top is indeed a bit higher than the other Beam's top. And what happens in such situations is that the connecting Beam is automatically extended to the farther side of the other Beam. I think this behavior is hard-coded into Archicad.

You can select the connecting Beam, and trim it by clicking the closer edge of the other Beam. Then remove the Beam segment above the other Beam.

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Laszlo
Yes the little bit higher is an error which is just rectified.
Seems "reference line method" is more natural, and personally I prefer opt to this.

Thanks