cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

complex profile

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can i change my texture for complex profile after creating
and inserted in plan only face of the element is highlighted ?
why so?

ramesh
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
ramesh wrote:
How can i change my texture for complex profile after creating
and inserted in plan only face of the element is highlighted ?
why so?

ramesh
The easiest explanation of that : Graphisoft make it work that way?
Srinivas
Booster
Dear Ramesh,

You want to change the textures of the complex profiles created in the profile manager.

If you want the same texture allround the object you need to change at two places.

1. Go to the profile manager
2. Select your profile
3. Click on the edit choosen profile
4. Change as per the image.
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
Srinivas
Booster
lets say you are using the profile with the wall tool.

you have to change also in the wall settings
ArchiCAD Services
iMac, Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can update the material on any complex profiles after placing them with the profile manager, but beware that if you have changed the height or width while placing the wall, after editing the profile it will revert to what is defined in the profile manager. In addition to change individual edges of the polygon you need to use the pet palette. Select the fill, hover your curser over an edge (mercedes curser) and click. You then need to choose the correct icon in the pet palette and you can then define the material of that one edge or all edges. Here is a screenshot for clarification
profile mat.jpg
Srinivas
Booster
Mike wrote:
You can update the material on any complex profiles after placing them with the profile manager, but beware that if you have changed the height or width while placing the wall, after editing the profile it will revert to what is defined in the profile manager. In addition to change individual edges of the polygon you need to use the pet palette. Select the fill, hover your curser over an edge (mercedes curser) and click. You then need to choose the correct icon in the pet palette and you can then define the material of that one edge or all edges. Here is a screenshot for clarification
Thanks Mike, I really don't know that. I some how missed that Icon in the pet palette.
ArchiCAD Services
iMac, Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, he meant like that

But, I you have a real complex profile with different materials in it, why do we only have on material at end? Why can't we choose to have same material on profileends that the different pieces of the profile has?
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Mike wrote:
but beware that if you have changed the height or width while placing the wall, after editing the profile it will revert to what is defined in the profile manager.
I'm not getting that behaviour, at least in AC14.
TurboGlider wrote:
But, I you have a real complex profile with different materials in it, why do we only have on material at end? Why can't we choose to have same material on profileends that the different pieces of the profile has?
Not possible as of yet, although it seems like a reasonable request. Maybe it will be a future feature. In the meantime, you may need to use multiple walls, or use SEO and inherit the attributes of the operator? Both a bit scrappy.

Cheers,
Link.
Dwight
Newcomer
It is fairly easy to apply complex profile materials to the end of a wall if you anticipate this at the beginning of the process.

Instead of merely assigning materials to different edges, create the section from a series of different fills that cross the section - assign one fill per material.

Assuming that the complex profile that you are making is curvy in some way, duplicate the profile and extract a narrow rectangular piece by splitting the duplicated profile and discarding the non-essentials.

Draw this rectangular complex profile wall across the end of the curvy one. It will adopt the materials.

Attachment: left — single wall, middle — cross wall, right — cross rectangular section wall
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
Here's what those sections/profiles looks like.
Dwight Atkinson