cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

concrete fill

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm looking for a concrete fill that looks like it has random ruble and sand in it. For the last few years I've been using the Lightweight Concrete fill that came with ArchiCAD but it looks like a repeated pattern. I would prefer to use on that looks more random.

I'm also looking for a more attractive earth fill in case you have or know of one that looks more hand drawn.

I'm sure that there are better concrete and earth fills for ArchICAD than the ones that I have.

Can anyone post, send me or point me to a concrete fill that looks more random and an earth fill that looks more hand drawn?

I'm post screen shots of the Lightweight Concrete Fill and the concrete fill that one of my engineers uses. He's using AutoCAD so I don't think there is an easy why for me to use the fill he has.

Thank you,
John
12 REPLIES 12
JaredBanks
Mentor
Here's an image of the random concrete fill I use. It was pretty simple to make. I actually don't use it much anymore (except for details) because it can be a memory hog. As symbolic fills get larger they definitely slow down regeneration time. And you want a random fill large enough to feel random.
RANDOM CONCRETE.png
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cool Rod,
Thank you so much. The community on the forum is great.
Mahalo,
John
Erich
Contributor
John,

Sorry to just get back to you rather belatedly. Yes, as Rod and Barry surmised, the fill was quickly done in AC 12, I didn't notice that you were on 11.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K