Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

database module error

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi
i just lost my solo project file after a power outage. i tried to open the project file but it just doesn't open. when i click open, it's like nothing happens. the archicad window appears without any project opened.

after that i tried the backup file generated by archicad itself but here comes another problem. it starts to open but when the loading process comes to the database module archicad crashes. i don't know what's wrong with this.

PS. when i try to open the pln file, in the open window it says the file's version is 0.00 however for the backup file it's 14.000 W/ 3004.
PSS. on my desktop when the mouse pointer goes over the file icon, in the tooltip it's written macintosh platform instead of windows.

I run Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit, Archicad 14, 3004 INT FULL for Teamwork.

can anyone please help me on this, it's really disappointing because my deadline is may 25 and i just lost all the project.[/img]
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
khashayar wrote:
I run Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit, Archicad 14, 3004 INT FULL for Teamwork.
Why are you still running build 3004 and not the latest (bug-fixing) hotfix? 100's of bugs have been fixed since 3004...

And, it sounds like you have not been making any normal / external backups?

If the corrupt file is your only file, it is possible that Graphisoft tech support can do some data recovery magic on the file. With no other backups, that is probably your only option.

You could try installing the latest hotfix and see if anything that it fixes allows the corrupt file to be read...

Good luck,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
And, it sounds like you have not been making any normal / external backups?

If the corrupt file is your only file, it is possible that Graphisoft tech support can do some data recovery magic on the file. With no other backups, that is probably your only option.
thank you Karl for your response.
could you please tell me how can i contact graphisoft tech support to do the magic on the file?