Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

door frame depth

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK it worked in all previous versions of archicad, at least in my memory, since version 5, but it appears that now you cant change the depth of a door frame to be 3 1/2" anymore, it defaults to the thickness of the wall, I even changed it to 1" and yet still it is showing up a a 4 1/4" frame. Thanks ArchiCAD......Hopefully I am wrong and there is a hidden button somewhere under piles of menus that will let me do things the "old way."
5 REPLIES 5
Erika Epstein
Booster
I am able to put in a 3.5" frame with no casing, so perhaps I am not visualizing what you are trying to achieve. Can you post a screen shot?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
I guess not, due to file size limitations we are a bit shot. To simplify my request, I would like the ability to make the door frame look like the casing dialog box, but without the casing. Sheetrock returns on a door (though visually the returns are not required on the plan.) Just a 3 1/2" door frame with a layer of 5/8" on either side stopping short of the frame. INSTEAD archicad 14 Insists on making the door frame the width of the wall no matter what I plug into for my frame depth. IN SHORT reduced functionality. A dialog that allows you to input data and does not obey said data is reduced functionality. Earlier versions I seem to remember that you can select that you wanted casing and still be able to offset the frame from the face of the sheet rock. WELL I guess now you have to change your reveal settings to NOT use stud wall, which is really sad.
Anonymous
Not applicable
it appears that if you have studwall "selected" frame profile 2 you cannot change the depth. great........aren't library parts supposed to get better with age.....
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Shae
Just finished a residential remodel where we used metal bull-nose at
3-1/2" door jamb to finish off S.R. end. (No wood casing overlay).
So your not the only one who want's control over jamb width.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same wish...hope in the near future we can set independent the door frame depth.