Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

dopey border in plotmaker

Anonymous
Not applicable
All of our plots come out of plotmaker with this dopey double-line border around the page, at what looks like the margins (about 1/4", working on 11x17 output). I can't for the life of me figure out how to turn it OFF. Anyone?
Many thanks...
8 REPLIES 8
Djordje
Ace
Zobi wrote:
All of our plots come out of plotmaker with this dopey double-line border around the page, at what looks like the margins (about 1/4", working on 11x17 output). I can't for the life of me figure out how to turn it OFF. Anyone?
Many thanks...
Borders of the layout or of the placed drawings?

If layout, open your Master and remove any borders you don't like.

If drawings, open drawing settings, untick the border tickbox.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
it must be in layout, but the only border on the master is a blue line...which I believe represents the extents of the printable area. However, it is at this blue line that I get the double line. I have a feeling that this is so straightforward I'm missing it, but nevertheless, I am missing it.
Djordje
Ace
Zobi wrote:
it must be in layout, but the only border on the master is a blue line...which I believe represents the extents of the printable area. However, it is at this blue line that I get the double line. I have a feeling that this is so straightforward I'm missing it, but nevertheless, I am missing it.
That blue line does not print. Maybe your printer driver is set to print the border around the printable area? Take a look at all the settings ...
Djordje

HP Omen
Djordje
Ace
BTW ...

How much training did you have, Zobi? Your questions are quite revealing ...
Djordje

HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I recall reading somewhere that the blue line doesn't print, and you were right on the printer settings. We had 2 solid, rapid-fire days of training. We (my office) are all a bit mystified, but I'm generally the one who is posting the questions. I recognize they are not particularly advanced questions...but I'm hoping to get there!
Many thanks--
TomWaltz
Participant
Zobi wrote:
I recall reading somewhere that the blue line doesn't print, and you were right on the printer settings. We had 2 solid, rapid-fire days of training. We (my office) are all a bit mystified, but I'm generally the one who is posting the questions. I recognize they are not particularly advanced questions...but I'm hoping to get there!
Many thanks--
How was the training? Who did it? Do you feel like you could at least use the program? (even if you cannot set up templates/etc from scratch)

I'm curious, since I often wonder about who does the Archicad training, and what people think of it. To me, that's the way to expand the product user base: solid training with strong follow-up so people can stand on their own quickly.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
The training was good, but intense...and after about 4 hours of intense, nonstop ArchiCAD, my brain starts to just blitz out. It was solid, and a good start, but I think I would have benefitted from 2 hours a day for 5 days, with several hours per day on our own to fiddle with it and come up with our own questions. A little more follow up would have been helpful, but this forum is good, though I have to reveal my ignorance to a hugely wide audience, rather than just lay low and play it cool. Not terribly concerned, as the responses are very, very helpful.
TomWaltz
Participant
Zobi wrote:
The training was good, but intense...and after about 4 hours of intense, nonstop ArchiCAD, my brain starts to just blitz out. It was solid, and a good start, but I think I would have benefitted from 2 hours a day for 5 days, with several hours per day on our own to fiddle with it and come up with our own questions. A little more follow up would have been helpful, but this forum is good, though I have to reveal my ignorance to a hugely wide audience, rather than just lay low and play it cool. Not terribly concerned, as the responses are very, very helpful.
It's interesting to hear you say that. My office recently took the approach of giving staff 8 hours to work on the "Learning Guide" that came with Archicad to get a basic familiarity with the program a week or so before they actually took the training program.

It seemed to make a huge difference between the people who were originally trained who went into the class cold and those who went in with a minor amount of experience.

Don't worry about your questions. We were all beginners once. You should see the questions I was asking when I first joined....
Tom Waltz