Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

discord between drawing and printing scale; help please.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I created a master layout to C Ansi engineering (22"x17") to fit my canon printer. My floor plans are drawn to 1/8" which, when I print direct from ArchiCad, show that they should fit exactly onto that size sheet (with 1/4" border). They register as 1/8" scale when I check the drawing settings in plotmaker (input and output), but in the plotmaker window they show much more space all around them and when I print in plotmaker they print on 4 sheets and have lots of room all round them. I can't understand why the imported drawing does not almost fill my layout sheet. Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

ArchiCad 8.1. pm 3.1
4 REPLIES 4
TomWaltz
Participant
I could be wrong, but it sounds like your margins are set too big on the master layout.
Tom Waltz
Djordje
Ace
Set your Master layout to read the margins fromt he printer. I don't have 8.1 installed now, will have to check and remind myself ... it was four years ago ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Tom and Djordje. I had already set my margins to the printer, but you made me think about the size of my layout and then I discovered the really stupid thing that I had done - I calculated Tabloid paper as 22"x17" instead of 17"x11". Whatever you do don't grow old - you start losing your marbles at 70!
Djordje
Ace
paul wrote:
Thank you Tom and Djordje. I had already set my margins to the printer, but you made me think about the size of my layout and then I discovered the really stupid thing that I had done - I calculated Tabloid paper as 22"x17" instead of 17"x11". Whatever you do don't grow old - you start losing your marbles at 70!
Good that you found it ...

... and don't worry, I have quite a few already lost at 46 ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen