Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

help with raked steel in roof

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am constructing a steel roof in Archicad 9 and rather stumped as to how I create raking CHS (circular hollow sections) set at an angle of 30 degrees and going from a ridge steel down to a horizontal UB tie beam.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Could you draw a simple sketch what you exactly will do?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Turboglider, drawing a sketch in 2D is what I will probably end up doing, but the whole point of ArchCad is that it is supposed to be a 3D programme.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The sketch is so we know what you are asking. Look at using a custom profile and the beam tool. The profile will represent the cross section of the steel you are using. This is only in 10, so if you are using a previous version of Archicad, you will have to explore other options.
Djordje
Ace
Check the steel elements in the library, their parameters for sloping and cut planes at the ends.

I assume that you are on 10, as there is no version and/or OS in your signature. It is much more relevant to your question than the fact that you are a chartered architect.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Jere
Expert
Richard wrote:
I am constructing a steel roof in Archicad 9 .
ArchiCAD 26; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 64GB RAM, GeForce GTX 3060
Djordje
Ace
Apologies ...

You can always use the primitives from the standard library - for example, Tube from Basic Shapes?
Tube 9.JPG
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen