Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

how to keep view settings...

aahatimo
Newcomer
is there a way to keep current view settings when toggling, on screen, from window to window? or is it mandatory to use navigator when changing views & keeping view settings. if i am working on a detail, then select flr plan, the floor plan changes from its original view setting to the detail setting.
should this be a "keep window settings" wish? or am i missing something?
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
i think you know there is Special drop down menu in archicad. this is useful, but you have to swich it on every time you start the program. it was described somewhere to change win registry item to have it swiched on always when you start ac (with 5.0 you have to hold down Alt key duering program startup until menu items appear and have Special menu switched on)
Anonymous
Not applicable
i tried to tell that changing menu behavior on object properties was not good - attached 5.0 dialog box (if someone is not familiar with this version) and compare this to newer version -
it is all there at once on 5.0 (or 5.1)- change and select what you want
same with object properties dialog box - all what there is to change is in one dialog box, not divided to three different panes you have to 'click' separately in newer versions (look at your version properties box)

changing that menu behavior and have divided menu appearance in 6.0 and later was not good keeping productivity in mind - you will be surprised how much time you spend on (additional) mouse clicking!
that is what i miss and was writing about, Karl!
ArchiCAD_wall.jpg
Djordje
Ace
Karl wrote:
Surely you are joking? Why would Graphisoft add a feature to version 5.0? Do you know any manufacturer that adds new features to old versions of their software ... particularly a version that is so many years old?
Not much Karl ... only a decade or so.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have used AC since v4.5 and there's no way I would consider working in an earlier version. The find and select tool is one of many major timesavers; there are so many ways to use it. Also, selecting elements within or outside of a marquee can be done in a variety of ways. The grouping function works so much better in 8.1 than in 5, for me, at least, autogrouping & grouping is much more intuitive. Then, if you use these together, you can really work faster.

I hope you take the time to check v8.

Mabe Ng Roche, Architect
Cutler-Anderson Architects
G5 dual/1mb/128mb ATI Radeon/OS10.3/AC8.1(1410)
Karl Ottenstein
kalev35 wrote:
changing that menu behavior and have divided menu appearance in 6.0 and later was not good keeping productivity in mind - you will be surprised how much time you spend on (additional) mouse clicking!
that is what i miss and was writing about, Karl!
I see. But, you do realize that the Info box in 8.1 can be customized to contain what you want .... then you do not even have to open the settings dialog? Yes, the dialogs in 8.1 are longer (as were those in 6.5 and 7.0 - which used tabs), but contain much more information to customize every element. The price paid for power ... but again, someone who does not want to see all of that can work from the info box.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB