Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

info and preview

Anonymous
Not applicable
how do i get my drawings show in the preview area?

preview.gif
8 REPLIES 8
__archiben
Booster
lsid wrote:
ooo! you get a preview on a PC?

is it a standard windows dialogue box and graphisoft simply doesn't make use of it all???

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
this sounds like it is purely a mock preview window for pc users????

hello..can anyone verify that?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to Preview Modules also..
David Maudlin
Rockstar
lsid wrote:

For ArchiCAD projects files, you need to create a preview image (max 128 x 128 pixels), and paste it into the preview window. This can be a 3D image generated in the ArchiCAD 3D or rendering window, or a 2D image copied from the plan. On ArchiCAD 9 the Preview Window is found under the Window menu. I created a step by step description a while ago, but the procedure hasn't changed, it is at http://www.davidmaudlin.com/ArchiCAD/DigitalArchitecture/Extra/Tips/Tips.html . This same procedure can be used for the preview image for library parts. HTH.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tel me I am not dreaming.. Users have to create their own previews??? So you have to create a new prieview each time the project is singnificantly changed?? Sounds like Graphisoft just did not complete the preview feature.. Even some ultracheap CAD programs automatically use the last active window as a preview....
TomWaltz
Participant
Even some ultracheap CAD programs automatically use the last active window as a preview....
Would you really want the last flashing detail you worked on to be the project preview?

Sounds like Graphisoft gave you the ability to determine what preview you want, then keep it.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Currently I use Datacad as well as AC.. In Datacad once ready to close and save a project, I simply go to whatever view I want the preview to be the close and save.. done. same result and a LOT simpler. And it displays whatever bitmap in the folder has the same name as the project so the auto feature can be turned off should one wish to have a fixed preview....

Believe me the AC way is unnecessarily complex to the point of discouraging use..
TomWaltz
Participant
While this does sound easier to create the preview, I don't think you should have to go back to a plan view or 3D view every time you save.

I'd rather have the choice of when the preview changes.
Tom Waltz