cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

morph faces

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone I am Francis.
I kindly ask for your help, I apologize for English.
In the video tutorial of the Alvar Aalto vase board when the upper edge of the jar me some faces are triangular.
In the video tutorial does not happen (at least ca 0.35/0.40).
This means that I can then apply the chamfer (min. approx 0:46).
How come? What's going on?
Thank you.
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Things seem to go along just fine till I try to get the top plane only to modify.
I keep getting the whole vase selected and with the "box" dialog and this modifies the morph in lots of ways to the whole vase, but I can't find a setting to get the top plane only (as in this image) to adjust.
I've watched and rewatched to the movie and somehow don't see what I'm doing wrong.
The image here is from the movie, the next post is what I get.
Anonymous
Not applicable
What I get.

And as a side note; can't get the chamfer to work either, even with the smallest setting that AC allows 3/16 and yet my vase thickness at the top is approx. 1/2" (vase is large.)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it is a bit tricky.
Select the top morph face (use the Ctrl+Shift click on the top face), you will know you've got it when the morph has black dots along the top edges, then click on the edge (not a dot) choose the box stretch option ... now when you click on a corner of this highlighted plane your pet palette will have only 2 options. Choose the second one.

In your image, you will see three options in the pet palette. Also you will see that your cursor is aligned with the back face of the morph volume.

PS Another clue is that you don't want to see the morph volume highlighted, only the top plane should be highlighted.
Morph top plane stretch.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh Yeah, getting to the black dots was critical.

Still getting error message when I try to chamfer any edges, but I'll work on that some more later after interrogating all the suspects.
Thanks Mark