cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

object settings

Anonymous
Not applicable
i can't have the plan filled.
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
here's 2nd pic showing the 3d model ....
OBJECT 3D.gif
Anonymous
Not applicable
and here's the object's part....i added the background fill ...i know i am not doing it right...

all i want to do is to have the 2d plan as a solid fill....
OBJECT SETTINGS.gif
Karl Ottenstein
If you don't want the fill to be parametric, this can be quite easy.

If you saved your object from the 3D window (top view), then the 2D Symbol of the library part can be opened and you can just use the fill tool there to place a white fill. 😉 (Open object editor, click on 2D symbol button - only 2D tools will be active in the tools palette, but you can use any of them to modify your plan symbol ... including the hotspot tool to add additional hotspots if they are needed.)

(Or, if you are saving the object from plan, then you can place the white fill in plan before saving.)

It's good to see your progress here and with your other display case in a different thread!

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.8, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks karl....i'm not giving up....it's alot of investment and i'm gonna make it.

i have tried adding a solid fill with the fill tool before i saved it...but i am feeling that i am missing or just not putting the 'saving' steps in the right order.

i've created the objects and open 3d /plan view and saved the object.

but the solid fill is still not showing????

for sure, i can add solid fill as i place the object but that adding fill over the object should be done in the 3d object itself. i know it probably just take second to add but i just want to know how to have that solid fill as parametric...i am trying to understand what you said about solid fill as parametric but looks like i am not getting it...i guess i need visual step by step.
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok, i got it...i just added the fill from the object 2d symbol...oh my it is so simple and powerful.....wow!!!!!
Karl Ottenstein
lsid wrote:
ok, i got it...i just added the fill from the object 2d symbol...oh my it is so simple and powerful.....wow!!!!!
Hurray!

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.8, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
lsid wrote:
and here's the object's part....i added the background fill ...i know i am not doing it right...

all i want to do is to have the 2d plan as a solid fill....
Maybe you should call the variable FILL_FBGD_PEN something else, because it is a Fill type kind of variable. You might get confused later because its name suggests it is a Pen number.
Just a thought.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27