cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

reveals / profile walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

i have a little question.
When i use the profile manager to create walls, the reveal gets only one material. (see attachment). Is there something to do about this, besides redrawing the entire model or using Photoshop????
Please don't tell me that i should never use the profile manager to draw walls when i'm going to use the model for visualisations.......
3 REPLIES 3
__archiben
Booster
Mitta wrote:
Please don't tell me that i should never use the profile manager to draw walls when i'm going to use the model for visualisations.......
never use the profile manager for walls when you're going to see an end or edge of the profile.

simple fact of the matter: complex profiles aren't. they're just dumb extrusions.

sorry 'bout that
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
~/archiben wrote:
...never use the profile manager for walls when you're going to see an end or edge of the profile.
Or make a wall opening that returns the brick coursing (and terminates the water table/belt course) the way you want. Getting the outside edges to clean up might require a little editing though.
simple fact of the matter: complex profiles aren't. they're just dumb extrusions.
Yes it would be nice if sections/penetrations/SEOs showed the actual fills of the profile. Seems as though it shouldn't be too hard. I can't recall if it's already on the list or not.
Anonymous
Not applicable
is this something that in release 11 still is a problem??
I thought that it wouldn't be so difficult to make the edges correct...but who am i??

thanks for the advice...