Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

section Marker in elevation

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like the section marker (from the sections I have cut on the floor plan) to be visible on my exterior elevations, is this possible? I have looked everywhere. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Jim
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Jim,
As far as I can tell you can't do it with a linked section/elevation marker.

However ... the Grid Tool works that way. You could draw a set of grids on a special layer, format them to look like a section marker, and have them show up in section and elevation.

Put it on the wish list, if it is not there already!

Good luck
Rakela Raul
Participant
can you use the detail tool to do this? from this tool insert a 'section marker' and link this new 'section marker' to the referred detail/section placed in your layout?
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
rengarch
Participant
Here is a Section Marker to be place onto ie. elevations I just wrote. It is very basic. I did not fill in the right or left arrow with a fill. If you add the gdl to fill in the spaces, you can send me a copy of the revises object. Hope this helps.
Rita MF Eng, AIA
iMac 27" 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096MB
MAC OSX 10.11.6
Archicad 20
rengarch
Participant
Murphy's Law, as soon as I posted my Section Marker I realized I forgot to format the text to refer to a Drawing # and Layout #. Unfortunately you have to manually insert the referenced drawing and layout number.'
Here is it again, revised.
Rita MF Eng, AIA
MAC OSX 10.11.6
Archicad 20
Rakela Raul
Participant
Unfortunately you have to manually insert the referenced drawing and layout number.'
if you move the detail/drawing from one layout to another layout ? you need to edit this section marker manually?? is this how its work?
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
Anonymous
Not applicable
@rengarch
Can you show how your marker look?
rengarch
Participant
Here are 3 variations of the object.
Rita MF Eng, AIA
MAC OSX 10.11.6
Archicad 20
Rakela Raul
Participant
the 'detail tool' works really good for what u guys r doing..give it a try..IMHO
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks everyone for the comments and work around. I agree w/Rakela, Its pretty easy using the detail marker. Its just too bad that it can't be automatically placed from the floor plan as opposed to manually placed in elevation.

Thanks again everyone.
Jim