cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

slab edge not seen from level above

Dave Brach
Expert
I have a slab on story 0 that I am view from the floor above, story 1 (through an opening in the floor). For the slab settings, under "outlines" I have uncut lines set to "solid line", but is it showing as a dashed line when viewed from the story above. How do I change this?

Picture1.jpg
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Floor Plan Cut Plane dialog settings?
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is where that line is controlled. Use a cover fill on slab above to hide unwanted portion of slab below.

Unfortunately this will change behavior of ALL slabs, meshes, and objects(!) in this project. You may have just draw it in by hand to avoid unwanted behavior elsewhere.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe easier to show lower slab below only on it's story and draw in fill on on upper story for less cut arounds?
But then again, I'm a bit confused about all this.
How hard could it be to have a setting that allows slab/object to be seen on story above unless it is covered by something on story above?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually, the question is not how hard from a programmers point of view. Rather how much processing power required when you are asking the software to calculate every boundary of every object on every level and compare to every other object, level, etc. It is a more efficient use of resources to have the elements "present themselves" according to predefined rules. PLUS, imagine that scenario when you are going to pan, zoom, ...

To get a hint of how slow that process is, open a non trivial 3d view and have AC render it in hidden line view mode.
Anonymous
Not applicable
MarkMoscrip wrote:
.... Rather how much processing power required when you are asking the software to calculate every boundary of every object on every level and compare to every other object, level, etc.
Ok, I get it.
Thanks