cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

story settings different buildings in same site.

mi_jan
Enthusiast
Cheers!

I'm currently working on a project and I have 1 main building and 2 complementary buildings that have different story heights. The main building connects with the other buildings once in different levels.

Is there a way I can have several projects on one file with they're own stories, should I work them in separate files or What would be the smartest way to work this project?

iMac - MacOs Big Sur 11.6.6
Archicad 24 - Latest Build
Archicad 25 - Latest Build
5 REPLIES 5
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Have a Model file for each subsiduary building. Then Publish each of the Sub Buildings as Modules.

When you insert the modules into the Main Building model place each module by individual storey (do not use the place as Multistorey module)

Once the modules of each floor are inserted you can then cut a section and move each floor module to the correct height
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Barry Kelly
fuzzytnth3 wrote:
Then Publish each of the Sub Buildings as Modules.
I don't think you need to publish as modules.
You can hotlink a PLN directly into your master plan.
But as fuzzytnth3 said make sure you hotlink in the separate stories and not as a multi-storey hotlink.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Barry wrote:
fuzzytnth3 wrote:
Then Publish each of the Sub Buildings as Modules.
I don't think you need to publish as modules.
You can hotlink a PLN directly into your master plan.
But as fuzzytnth3 said make sure you hotlink in the separate stories and not as a multi-storey hotlink.

Barry.
You are correct, you can do that but I prefer not to do that as it can bring into the other Project file a bunch of stuff such as Composites, Fills line types etc that are not required by the receiving file.

Module files are much "cleaner" and faster to update as well.
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics

For the sub buildings how do you "publish as modules",  and is that a way to show the story levels of the module and not the story levels of the main .pln?  For instance can I publish a pdf of building section for the sub building showing it's own story levels? Thanks

Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

For a couple of sections on one job I did that cut through two buildings I turned off the story levels and linked in views with each buildings individual story structure. Might not be the best way to do it, but it worked.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660