Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

trimming a wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello. I am trying to trim a wall using a line. The line is curved, but when I try to trim the wall that intersects it I cut a rectangular piece and the edge of the trimmed wall does not follow the curvature of the wall. Is there any way to correct this?

trimming.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
When trimming a Wall, the program takes the intersection line of the arc and the Wall Reference Line and that is where it splits the Wall.
But the Wall pieces remain Straight Wall the end line of which always remain perpendicular to the Wall's Reference Line.

You should use a Polygonal Wall method to create that sloped Wall end piece.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Or use a 'solid element operator' wall on a hidden layer with an intersection priority number of 999 (as you discovered in another post!)

Cheers,
Link.
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Or use a 'solid element operator' wall on a hidden layer with an intersection priority number of 999
This SEO will not show in the plan view, just the model, so depends on where the cut needs to be seen.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Good point David. They really gotta do something about that!

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I need it to show in the plan view. I used the Polygonal Wall method and it suits me . Thank you.