Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

two walls auto joining

Anonymous
Not applicable
When two walls intersect they normally join together. In this particular scenario what I have is a round column at a corner where two archways (walls with door openings) come together. When I draw the first wall I have it end exactly half way through the column. When I draw the second wall I also have it end have way through the column (coming from the other direction). The walls then autoextend them selves through the column to form a square edge extruding through the column.

How can I prevent the walls from joining each other and remaining as I drew them, ending 1/2 way through the column?
6 REPLIES 6
Djordje
Ace
Please post a screen shot with the reference lines visible.

Did you try the latest patches for 11 and 10?

I seem to remember that I have reported something like this during the beta testing ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems like this is normal behavior, I just created a new model to test it out.

Screen shot 1 is 2 adjacent walls being drawn touching at one corner.
acscrn1aa.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Then the next shot shows the auto joined and created corner.

Is this the way it is supposed to work? Can you stop the auto joining behavior to end up with two independent wall segments just touching at the corner?

In this particular case I do have a round column sitting right in the corner which is why I don't want the wall segments to join.
acscrn2aa.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
When you select a wall, there is one bold side which determine the orientation of the wall. switch the orientation so that the bold sides of the two walls wont intersect each other.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
macmiller wrote:
Can you stop the auto joining behavior to end up with two independent wall segments just touching at the corner?
macmiller:

You could put each wall on different layers that have different Layer Intersection Group numbers, this will prevent them from joining regardless of the location of their reference lines.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
You could put each wall on different layers that have different Layer Intersection Group numbers
That worked! thx.