cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

wall looks hidden (displays with dashed lines)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I´m a rookie working in Archicad, and I´m drawing a multistory building, my problem is, that when I try to add an interior wall on my 1st story, in plain view it becomes "hidden", meaning I cannot see the door on the wall, and the solid line becomes dashed as soon as I adjust the height and the base of the wall. This wall should rest on a concrete slab, that is not on the same height as the other slabs on same story, but higher. In 3D view everything looks fine, but in 2D the wall "disappears", as above mentioned.
How can I fix this? I tried solid element operations, but maybe I´m doing something wrong, because nothing helps.

Thanks in advance.

Br,
Szabolcs

hidden wall 1.PNG
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
The wall might be above the cut plane of the story. This is set in Document>Floor Plan Cut Plane. You can also change how your wall is shown in the wall settings, "Cut Only" or "Projected" and such. Play around with these and let me know if that does anything.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
Thank you very much, the cut plane was 1100mm and I changed it to 2000mm, and it did it.
Thank you again, it saved the day.
Best regards,
Szabolcs Horvath
Barry Kelly
Don't forget to check the Floor Plan Cut Plane setting in each of you floor plan views.
Each view can have a different FPCP setting.
Barry.
FPCP-settings.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Szabolcs:

If the Wall is set to Floor Plan and Section > Floor Plan Display > Symbolic Cut, it will ignore the Floor Plan Cut Plane, so is the simplest way to manage its appearance in 2D if you want the Wall to appear the same in all Views.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you again for all of you for the feedbacks.