Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Layer combination

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everybody

I wonder if there is a way to have automatic layer combination update when changing a plan view to a section view. many time I want to work in plan an section window att the same time but the program do not remember the layer combination.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is what I do.

You can navigate back and forth with your View Map entries. Those are in the second button at the top of your navigator. That saves "favorite" views of your work area and those can be plan, section, elevation, schedule, etc.. Just set up the view like how you like it, then save the view to the View Map (there are several ways to enact that command, and saving and placing views on the layout automatically generates a view in the View Map so it has something to refer back to when linking the layout drawing back to the model space). It's possible now to us the View Map to navigate around instead of the Project Map.

I go a little farther than this and one of the things I do right away in a project is I have a very comprehensive View Map (also very long and cumbersome to use for navigation) so I develop my layouts first to I have an idea what drawings I'm working towards. As part of my custom interface, I have the Drawing Manager open at all times so I can either go directly to the layout the drawing is on but clicking on the entry or highlight the entry and click on Open Source View to go to the model space. It's like a working list of the View Map.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Thank you for posting.
Yes but a project often ends up with a loooooots of plan and a loots of section.
If I open a plan and then want to change something in the section I have to scroll down and find the respective section in the navigator and after than scroll up again and find the respective plan to be able to open it with the apopriet layer combination. I manny time find it mor easy to change it dirrekly In the layer combination window .
Eduardo Rolon
That is why I keep the "Quick Options" palette always open.
Screen Shot 2014-04-27 at 5.43.56 PM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have your section view open just hit F2 (Mac, might be same for Win?) and you will flick back to your plan with the Section's layer combo and MVO's still current.
Barry Kelly
Don't forget you can also set up keyboard shortcuts for the 'last elevation', 'last section', 'last interior elevation, etc., as well as plan and 3D.
These will open the last one opened even if you have closed it completely.

And for a shorter list of elevations and section look in the WINDOWS menu.
There you will see a list of currently open windows that you can then switch between.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11