Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

wall/ slab Intersection

Rasha T
Newcomer

I'm having a problem in the model display with the wall and slab intersection (please see attach imagine).

I've modelled the wall to sit on the slab however the section view displays a continuous wall and the slab is floating. 

A detailed video or description on how to solve this problem is really appreciated.

Thank you

Screen Shot 2023-05-19 at 10.59.25 AM.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laurentiu C
Booster

The slab stops at the wall probably because of the building material intersections.

Here's an article explaining how priority based connections work in the AC26 User Guide or an older video that is still relevant.

Another way you can avoid intersections of 3D elements is by using Layer intersection groups, here's an article that explains how they work.

Laurentiu | Architect | exstudio
AC 17-27 INT
Work | Laptop | HP ZBook Fury 15.6 G8 | Win11 22H2 | i9-11900H / RTX A4000 / 32GB
Personal | PC | Win10 | i7-6700K / GTX 1070 / 32 GB

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Laurentiu C
Booster

The slab stops at the wall probably because of the building material intersections.

Here's an article explaining how priority based connections work in the AC26 User Guide or an older video that is still relevant.

Another way you can avoid intersections of 3D elements is by using Layer intersection groups, here's an article that explains how they work.

Laurentiu | Architect | exstudio
AC 17-27 INT
Work | Laptop | HP ZBook Fury 15.6 G8 | Win11 22H2 | i9-11900H / RTX A4000 / 32GB
Personal | PC | Win10 | i7-6700K / GTX 1070 / 32 GB