cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

why this slab cuts my wall? :arrow: :arrow:

aryastark
Enthusiast
infuriating problem...

this wall shouldn't be cut through slab but it is.

when i hide slab, you can see wall real high is higher than how it seems.

why could it be? i want to see all real wall.

(not worked)
(hided slab)
Ver: AC23
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
Chip type: GeForce GTX 960M
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Eduardo Rolon
• First recommendation is that you should not use a Slab for a terrain. Reason is that it uses Building materials and it will cause the problem that you are seeing. Also eventually it will slow everything to a crawl because it needs to evaluate every single Building Material Priority, So terrain even if it is flat it should use a Mesh.
• If you still want to use a Slab for this then you will need to place this slab in a dedicated layer with a different intersection number, 0 or 500 and then it will not intersect.

----
HTH
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Eduardo Rolon
• First recommendation is that you should not use a Slab for a terrain. Reason is that it uses Building materials and it will cause the problem that you are seeing. Also eventually it will slow everything to a crawl because it needs to evaluate every single Building Material Priority, So terrain even if it is flat it should use a Mesh.
• If you still want to use a Slab for this then you will need to place this slab in a dedicated layer with a different intersection number, 0 or 500 and then it will not intersect.

----
HTH
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator