Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

windows in complex profile wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
Aloha,
I am creating bowed or arched wall based on a complex profile that I've created.
I'm having two problems with the bowed wall. The windows placed in the wall do not match the arch of the wall (see image below). The other problem is where the arched wall intersects another wall.
Please let me know if there are ways to get the windows to lay flat in an arched wall like this and if there is a way for complex profile walls like this to intersect cleanly with straight walls.
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable
here is another view of the problem wall intersections and windows in the arched wall created with a complex profile
bowed wall3_Page_3.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
johncassel wrote:
Please let me know if there are ways to get the windows to lay flat in an arched wall like this
Hi John,

Try activating the opening reference lines and adjust them to match the shape of the wall (in the profile settings). Make sure the opening plane of the windows is associated to wall (see the attached images).
About the walls intersection ... do they have the same profile?

Cheers,
Adrian Tudoreanu
curved_profile.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
adytc wrote:
johncassel wrote:
Please let me know if there are ways to get the windows to lay flat in an arched wall like this
Hi John,

Try activating the opening reference lines and adjust them to match the shape of the wall (in the profile settings). Make sure the opening plane of the windows is associated to wall (see the attached images).
About the walls intersection ... do they have the same profile?

Cheers,
Adrian Tudoreanu
Aloha Adrian,
Adjusting the opening reference lines worked to tilt the windows in line with the wall it did not entirely fix the situation as the window trim does not show up on the outside of the wall.
Anonymous
Not applicable
here is a section view of the problem
section.jpg
Erika Epstein
Booster
If you want to make the frames follow the curve of the wall, you will have to make a separate custom part, just as the will need to be done when they build it wink:
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aloha Erika,
Thank you for that tip.

Is there any way to get the corners of the wall to resolve properly?
Thank you,
John
Anonymous
Not applicable
here is a section view of the problem
I understand that I'll need to make custom parts for the window trim. Is the any way to move the window closer to the exterior surface of the wall?
Anonymous
Not applicable
here are the settings for the complex profile
settings.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
profile editor
profile editor.jpg