Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Our Community
Ask questions about this community, the platform, and any technical questions.

Wishes - Read Only?

Miha_M
Advisor

I was trying to post a wish, but I am not allowed to post as this part of the forum is in read-only mode.

I'll post it here, please move this Topic to whatever Forum place it fits now. I just hope (another wish) that shutting down the wishes part doesn't mean that active users are excluded in suggesting further software development.

My wish is fairly simple - change the Quick Layers Palette to a Toolbar and add an Extended version option, as in the picture below:

Miha_M_0-1721988310266.jpeg

I probably don't need to explain this in detail, but extending the layer toggle options would probably be of use to many. One can already build his own Quick Layers Toolbar, but it takes up more space and it can't be equipped with the above given functions (but can be stacked vertical, if needed).

Miha_M_1-1721990581463.png

Also the Selection's Layers Lock/Unlock Icons could be a single active icon to represent the selected layer state. Also the layer intersection group number.

Or leave it as a palette and extend it with the solid/wireframe and layer intersection group, if it's not possible to go for an extended toolbox solution.

I was always wondering why this functionality is not present in the Info Box Layer display as well.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

4 REPLIES 4
Gordana Radonic
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Miha_M

Posting wishes is temporarily disabled following our major spring clean-up and voting on the wishes forum. If you missed this news, we are in the process of developing a new wishlist system that will allow for more systematic posting of wishes.

The current wishes forum will be archived for internal reference. Approximately 100 voted wishes from the forum have been chosen by customers and migrated to our new Wishlist area. We are currently working on the development of the Wishlist within the community and integrating our systems with the new Wishlist.

We will notify you once the Wishlist is reopened, at which point you can repost your wish in the new area.

You can read about the entire project and processes in our Graphisoft Insights posts: Wishlist spring cleaning - Graphisoft Community and Wishlist Spring clean-up is wrapped - here’s what’... - Graphisoft Community.

Thanks for posting your wish, and I hope this clarifies what's happening.
Gordana

Gordana Radonić

Community Manager

Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Miha,

The new Wishlist (and the old one as well) are in read-only mode because we're migrating and preparing the spring clean-up results to the next phase of our next generation roadmap. You can read more about it in Graphisoft Insights ( Wishlist Spring clean-up is wrapped - here’s what’s next! , Wishlist spring cleaning ).

Currently we're not collecting new wishes and wishes posted on other boards will be not processed. However, once the new system is open and operating, we encourage you to submit your wishes again.

Kind regards,
Noémi

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Thanks, @Gordana Radonic and @Noemi Balogh . I read the Spring cleanup - Frequently Asked Questions - Graphisoft Community Community Admin post before posting mine here:

Miha_M_0-1721993826776.png

but failed to find the one from Rob which Noemi mentioned: Wishlist Spring clean-up is wrapped - here’s what’... - Graphisoft Community.

When will the granted wishes go public? When will the new Wishes system be ready? Is there a fixed deadline or is it another Wishlist item?

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

We changed the scope of the project slightly so that we can include the new roadmap as well. Our goal is to open the new wishlist and roadmap together in September. Selected wishes are visible already on the new Wishlist.

For further information, I recommend you subscribe to Graphisoft Insights where we will communicate the updated information about the progress.

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin