Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.

PARAMO POST COUNT

DanyThailand
Contributor

New at paramo, i'm trying to make the number of post parametric without editing in paramo. For example, each post is 8 x 3 xm and the space between them is 3 cm. I would like to reduce or increase the count of post in object property keeping the same value ( post dimensions and space ). 

Operating system used: Windows 11

LOUVER.jpg
2 REPLIES 2
cuba
Expert

Hello Dany,

Setup 1: Distribute

Dimension 1 will be divided in the number of elements you want.  If you change dimension1, the gap between the elements will increase/decrease.

In this option there is a substracion node:  end of number distribution = dimension1-width element.  By doing this, the object is "stretchable" in 2d&3d

Distribute.png

Setup 2: Number series:

In this setup you can choose the width of the element + width of the gap.  When you change dimension1, extra elements will be added.

Series.png

Add this in the 2d code to add hotspots to make it stretchable (select the object/ ctrl-o (command-o)):

!!!!

unID=1
hotspot2 0,0,unID:unID=unID+1
hotspot2 A,0,unID:unID=unID+1
hotspot2 0,B,unID:unID=unID+1
hotspot2 A,B,unID:unID=unID+1

!!!!

Param-o files and gdl-files are attached.

Apple M1 Max 32 GB Ventura
AC27
Ricardo Lopez
Expert

Hi @DanyThailand 

It could be done differently for sure, but here I am sharing a possible way. Dimension 1 will be the length, Profile A and B the post profile sizes and you could choose the distance too.

RicardoLopez_1-1723479310159.png

M. Arch. Ricardo López
BIM Consultant | Project Solutions and Services | Panama
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI CreatorPro M16 HX C14VJG, 64GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 2000 Ada Generation

Setup info provided by author