Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Adding percentage to Zone Area schedule

cadsph
Enthusiast

Hi,

How do you add a percentage column to a zone area schedule? Where each zone/area is a percentage of the total site area?

Please see attached. 

percent Area analysis.jpg
45 REPLIES 45

Thanks for the help Barry. I've checked the Calculation Units in Project Preferences and they are set to 2. And I've removed the rounding and 2 from the equation but I'm still seeing 3 decimal places.... very strange!

Hi Gerry, thanks for your reply and explanation. I'm still trying to get my head around the options and what's going to work best. This is not a "one off" and is something I hope to figure out and have in our Archicad template to use in all future projects.

Ideally what I'm after is a way to create a schedule that will update in real time (ie if I change the size of a zone, all fields associated with that will update automatically. So having said that, it sounds like Python is not the answer for me in this case

To outline what exactly I'm after, I've listed this below:

1) I need to state the m² for any given lot in my project (using a Zone from what you've mentioned above)

2) Within this lot, I need to state the building coverage as a m² figure and as a percentage of the total lot m² (from step 1 above)

3) Within the lot, I also need to state the impervious coverage as a m² and as a percentage of the total lot m² *(from step 1 above)

4) In some cases, I also need to state the landscaping areas (often these are multiple areas so each area needs to be somehow added together into a total sum) and then have the total sum as a percentage of the total lot m² (from step 1 above)

In addition to the above, I'm working on subdivisons, so I have more than 1 lot. In some cases I have 70 individual lots and have to work out steps 1-4 as above for each one individually. If I can somehow use zones to create what's needed and then edit the ID of each zone to correspond with the lot number, this may work, but I can't seem to work out how to capture all of this in ONE schedule (and so it presents nicely for my layout sheet)

I found the solution under Project Preferences > Working Units > Decimals (set it to 2) and this worked!

I would like to ask is it possible to get value from 1 exact zone into a property automatically? So there is no need to type it manually but let Archicad read it as a new property automically in the formula like Barry wrote before

magdak_1-1717051559087.png

What I get in the table with % of total Area is correct table:

magdak_0-1717050895520.png

But I need to find a way how to attach a number 79351 automatically with a property - is there a way?

I have a thought to have just 1 slab in my project to use it as an area for the plot (I don't need slabs anywhere else in my project) but I have a problem with right calculations - should I convert the slab area number into something else to then be able to use it in the formula with zones? Not sure why the calculation doesn't work

magdak_5-1717053770048.png

magdak_2-1717052870013.png 

magdak_3-1717052999915.png

Any idea how could it work? Thank you in advance.

Or maybe is it possible with Python script?

Hi Gerry, so finally after running your python script I got table with %:

magdak_0-1717277385793.png

Still, I run into some problems:

- How can I sum up all zones that have category number 01 (Green Area) so the total % shown will be 43.

- Also is it a way to not show m² in the sum-up cell?

Best option would be to have there a name Plot area and use it as a zone but of whole plot area but I would need to define it in the python script as a

totalArea = ...?

but not sure how to do it. How one can say what zone ID should the script use for totalArea value? I would give it an ID name PlotArea then can python recognize it? Thank you in advance for any tips and help.

zoli79
Enthusiast

I added a "Total Area" row to Project Info and the expression can recall this value after you turn the text to number (STRTONUM).  I know it's not as elegant, but updating the project info is not a big deal. Not to mention that there are always other places in a project where this total is used (project info on a site plan etc.), so I can refer to that total with an autotext.

(I did the same with "Unit Total" in order to calculate the % of 1 bedrooms, 2 bedrooms etc.)

macOS 16, ArchiCAD 27 (USA)
first ArchiCAD: 6.5